At the Chair of Technical Thermodynamics specialized technical employees working who are working on research projects, construct test benches and build, measuring programs perform and assume other permanent tasks .
The following technical services are established at LTT:
- mechanical workshop,
- Electronics workshop,
- Optics / Laser Technology,
- Chemical and laboratory Technology,
- IT Department.
Laboratories and Test Benches
At the Chair of Technical Thermodynamics a number of laboratories, specialized equipment and test benches are available, of which here are the most important ones:
- powerful CW laser systems (vis/ IR), tunable in part, for example, spontaneous Raman spectroscopy,
- powerful pulse laser system (UV/ VIS), for example, for Raman spectroscopy or laser - induced fluorescence,
- several spectrograph for spectroscopic studies,
- Triggerable highly sensitive (I)CCD cameras, and
- Confocal Raman Microscope.
- gas chromatograph (GC),
- High performance liquid chromatography (HPLC),
- Volumetric Karl-Fischer-titrator,
- Rolling ball viscometer,
- Density meter (oscillating U-tube method),
- Apparatus for the estimation of vapor-liquid phase equilibrium,
- Calibration device for temperature sensors,
- helium leak detector.
- Modular testing of thermal heat pumps, chillers and thermal storage units,
- Test facility for drying and air-conditioning with open adsorption,
- Test facility for adsorption kinetics by large temperature jump method,
- Evaporator testing,
- Test benches for measuring phase and reaction equilibrium data, reaction kinetics data and other material data (even of corrosive substances in wide pressure and temperature ranges).