Integration of Renewable Energy Systems
The lecture ERES deals with the development of technical and political solutions for the integration of renewable energies and their energetic, economic and ecological assessment. The following topics are covered:
- Characteristics of renewable energy sources,
- Life Cycle Assessment (LCA),
- Power grids and electricity storage,
- Load following operation and load balancing by conventional power plants,
- Gas networks and gas storage,
- Heat networks and heat storage (sensitive and latent heat storage),
- Coupling of networks (electricity, gas, heat) using P2X technologies,
- planning the integration of renewable energies,
- Storage technology for heat (sorption and thermochemical storage),
- Renewable energy policy,
- Market mechanisms.
Lecture and Exercise
This lecture is held in the summer semester 2020. The lecture dates will be announced in time.
The examination in "Integration of renewable energy systems" will be a written exam.
Monday, March 16, 2020, 10:30am to 12:30 pm (exam duration 120 minutes + reading time, Room Aachen Münchener Halle (Aula) 1010|131) (as of January 2020, please check your exam date and location in the RWTH Online system)
Before the exam in 2020, there will be a block consultation in the LTT premises. Here you can ask questions about the lecture and the exercise. The exact dates for the block consultation will be announced in RWTH Moodle in time.
Further information (seat distribution, announcement of results) will also be announced in the RWTHMoodle in time. Additionally, old exam questions can be downloaded in the RWTH Moodle.