Integration of Renewable Energy Systems
The lecture ERES deals with the development of technical and political solutions for the integration of renewable energies and their energetic, economic and ecological assessment. The following topics are covered:
- Characteristics of renewable energy sources,
- Life Cycle Assessment,
- Power grids and electricity storage,
- Load following operation and load balancing by conventional power plants,
- Gas networks and gas storage,
- Heat networks and heat storage,
- Coupling of electricity, gas and heat networks using P2X technologies ,
- planning the integration of renewable energies,
- Renewable energy policy,
- Market mechanisms.
Lecture and Exercise
This lecture is held in the summer semester 2021. The lecture dates will be announced in time.
The examination in Integration of renewable energy systems will be a written exam.
We will announce all information on the examination here on time.
Before the exam, there will be a block consultation in the LTT premises. Here you can ask questions about the lecture and the exercise. The exact dates for the block consultation will be announced in RWTH Moodle in time.
Further information such as the seat distribution and the announcement of results will also be announced in RWTH Moodle in time. Additionally, old exam questions can be downloaded in RWTH Moodle.